Monday, June 12, 2017

Best Ever No-Bake Cookie Recipe




I love no bake cookies.  They only take a few minutes and they're yummy.  I have been making variations of this recipe for years and have just recently perfected it!


Here's the recipe:
2 C. sugar
1 T. water*
1-2 tsp. cream*
1/2 C. milk*
1 stick butter
3 Tbs. cocoa powder
3/4 C. peanut butter*
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. Nutella*
1 tsp. vanilla*
3 C, quick oatmeal

Here's how to make them:

1.  Put about 1/2 C, of the sugar in a large pan.  Add 2 T. water and put over medium high heat.  DO NOT STIR.  Swirl the pan as the sugar melts and begins to boil.  When it starts to brown, slowly add the heavy cream and stir.  This makes a caramel sauce.

2.  Add the rest of the sugar, the milk, butter, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and salt.  Bring to a boil and cook for a minute or two - until the sugar is dissolved.

3.  Remove from heat and stir in the Nutella.  Don't worry if the Nutella is lumpy, it will smooth out when you stir in the oatmeal.

4.  Stir in the vanilla

5.  Stir in the oatmeal.  If it is too dry, then add some more milk.  I've made these enough that I know what I want the consistency to be.  If you add too much milk, then add more oatmeal..  Let it sit for a minute or two..

6.  Drop by spoonfuls onto aluminum foil.  Let cool for a few minutes before eating.

*  I don't really measure these items, this is just an estimate.  = )  I suspect that I use more milk than the recipe calls for...

No comments:

Post a Comment