Tuesday, December 3, 2013

crochet heart stitch

so I found this stitch on Pinterest and modified it.  This is a fun way to use up ends of yarn.
First off, here is the diagram.  oh, the stitch is multiples of 8 with 6 on each end and an additional ch 3 for the first dc.



Here is what it looks like from the front.



and here on the bottom is what the back looks like.  I like the front to look clean - not able to see the colored yarn joining the "hearts" together and the only way I could figure out how to do that was to have a somewhat messy back.

so here's what I did:   yo and put the crochet hook under the ch2 on the row 2 rows below...

then put the crochet hook through the top loop of the first chain on the row below.  This is a lot like the pot holder stitch... (I don't know if that's it's official name or not, it's just what I call it.. )

yo and pull through and work dc.


here's what it looks like on the back...

next, yo and put the hook through the V of the stitch as shown.

then put the hook through the top loop of the middle chain from just one row down...

Here is the third dc in the process...

here is the third dc done.  ch 2.

sc in ch1 space as shown

ch 2.

and it starts all over again....  = )

As I get more rows on this I'll post updates.  It will probably take a while since it's being made out of scraps!


No comments:

Post a Comment