Sunday, January 20, 2013

my rose all finished up

I made this rose for my daughter because she loves both roses and pink = )

The rose pattern I used is the My Rose pattern that I have previously posted and the leaf is an Irish crochet leaf with chain 5 for a stem (so you can attach it to the flower stem).

As you can see there is a bead in the center of the flower.  I ran a long piece of wire through the bead and put the ends through the center of the rose. Twist the wire together.   I then put a loop or sorts at the end of the wire and crocheted around the loop then up the stem.  When I got to the point where I wanted the leaf to go (I made the leaf before hand) I crocheted it onto the stem.  A few more single crochet up the stem then I wrapped the thread around the wire just loose enough for my hook to fit through.  I then did 8 single crochet around that wrapped thread.  The next row was also 8 single crochet.  Row 3 has 2 single crochet per stitch giving you 16 stitches.  Row 4 has you alternating 2 single crochet in one stitch then one single crochet in the next stitch, then 2 single crochet in the next stitch and 1 single crochet in the next... that gives you 24 stitches.. about.  It now measures about the same as the unworked loops on the underside from the rose.

Chain 1 and put the hook through the next stitch and through an unworked  loop on the bottom of the rose.  Slip stitch.  Chain 4.  sc in second stitch from hook.  hdc in next chain, and dc in last chain.  Skip two green stitches and sc in the third green stitch and (making sure the green part fits correctly over the bottom of the rose) the corresponding unworked loop on the bottom of the rose.  Chain 4....   Do this all the way around.  When you only have 3 or so left to do, stuff the green thing with some cotton or batting before closing it up.

Here is a picture of the bottom of the flower.  I added a tag and threaded the ribbon from the tag between where the leaf is sewn onto the stem and where I tacked the middle-ish of the leaf to the green part.  

I wish I had twisted the green single crochet on the stem how I wanted it to look before I started making the bell shaped part that is under the rose... I know, I'm dazzling you with my technical terms... = )  Also,  I wished I had used a sturdier wire for the stem...  

No comments:

Post a Comment